Cloud migration and remote working accelerated many infrastructural changes and investments, yet there is one area that is still often overlooked by companies. However, the increasing complexity of software and licences has definitely revaluated the role of software asset management (SAM). Business tools, software and applications are providing the foundation for executing daily tasks from production to interaction with customers, so it is certainly a priority to create a thorough software acquisition and maintenance strategy. Throughout the years Noventiq Group has gained valuable experience with implementation of SAM and with a recent acquisition it widened its skills and expertise in software asset management.
With more than 200 IT experts, Noventiq AG has become a part of Noventiq Group bringing its outstanding reputation and expertise that is recognized by Gartner as one of the global top ten in Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Services. This represents a significant step for Noventiq Group in combining experience from Western Europe with the existing knowledge of growing economies.
Software asset management foster transparency, and provides measurable benefits at the same time by:
Creating efficient processes – through the implementation of internal regulations, procedures and instructions the whole life cycle of software assets can be described and monitored. Furthermore, companies are able to control software requests and automate on-boarding process for new employees.
Reducing costs - software asset management can eliminate unnecessary expenses, redundancy and duplication of licenses, and will help to cut costs, connected to buying and maintaining software packages.
Minimizing legal risks - SAM reduces legal exposure in case of arising problems with software licensing and helps to achieve the necessary level of compliance. Adjusted SAM processes allow to monitor possible violations and obviate unconscious violations.
What makes Noventiq an industry leader in SAM?
With the joint forces of the two companies, customers in CEE region can enjoy effective control and software assets management from the moment of budget planning, purchase or licence tracking. Following the acquisition, Noventiq offers a continuous SAM Managed Service that covers the entire software portfolio, including cloud services, and all SAM activities. Noventiq AG, now part of Noventiq Group, is ranked among the top ten providers of SAM Managed Services worldwide according to Gartner in 2020. Within the Gartner analysis Noventiq AG received one of the highest score for taking individual customer requirements into account and having highly qualified and experienced consultants, as well as effective deployment models, which is reflected positively in long-term partnerships with customers.
Noventiq’s SAM service lifecycle defines clear objectives and procedures for each of the following phases of software asset management adapted specifically to the customer’s needs:
- Strategy and design: as the initial step, the focus is on existing SAM processes within the company or the development of a roadmap. The entry into the service lifecycle supports the company in planning further steps ideally, so it doesn’t matter if there is already a SAM tool implemented or starting from scratch.
- Transition: in the transition phase one of the leading Software Asset Management tools gets implemented and adjusted to the organizations’ individual needs.
- Operation: SAM is established as a transparent and cost-efficient service within the organisation. The SAM Managed Services support the company in focusing on their day-to-day business.
- Continuous service improvement: ongoing development and analysis of the already existing SAM services is provided in this phase. Additionally, workshops, training courses and events are available for continuous update on the latest topics.
- Our specialised consultants act in your company’s interest, independent of manufacturers. Contact us to avoid IT risks and reduce costs with software asset management.
ASK FOR A QUOTE